A job offer from WREN
Women’s Rights and Empowerment Network
Now Hiring: Upstate Liaison Position
by WREN STAFF on Jan 1, 2018
||Director of Communications and Learning
Overview of Position
The Upstate Liaison is an exciting new position with the Women’s Rights and Empowerment Network (WREN), a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that is building a movement to advance the health, economic well-being, and rights of women, girls, and their families in South Carolina. WREN’s Upstate Liaison will be responsible for building relationships and deepening our impact in the Upstate region. She or he will initiate and nurture partnerships, recruit new members to participate in our network, cultivate donors, and implement special projects.
This will be a full-time, contract position for an initial period of 12 months. Candidate will work from home or from a mutually agreed-upon location. She or he will report to the Director of Communications and Learning and work in close coordination with the Communications and Learning Team and the rest of the Columbia-based staff. She or he will be expected to travel to Columbia one day each week, with occasional travel to other parts of the state.
- Planning and Executing the WREN Upstate Summit: With support from the Communications and Learning team, the Upstate Liaison will plan and execute a one-day Upstate WREN Summit on Women’s Economic Opportunity and Mobility in 2018. Responsibilities will include securing event venue and vendors; developing agenda; recruiting and coordinating volunteers, partners, sponsors, and speakers; promoting the event; and identifying follow-up action items and opportunities for future engagement after the event.
- Community Outreach: Work with Communications and Learning team and other staff to educate and engage diverse partners, including non-profit organizations, businesses, schools and universities, and other civic associations. Activities include coordinating listening sessions with diverse women and girls; introducing WREN and facilitating consistent communication with partners on pertinent issues, policies, and events; and representing WREN at key events and gatherings in the Upstate region.
- Donor and Member Engagement: The Upstate Liaison will build on WREN’s existing donor and member base in the Upstate. She or he will identify and cultivate donors, board, and member prospects in Upstate; and work with the CEO and Development Director to develop and implement strategy for engaging, retaining, and cultivating donors in the Upstate region.
- Development and Execution of WREN’s Strategy: The Upstate Liaison will explore and keep WREN leadership and staff informed of opportunities to build relationships, enhance our profile, and deepen our impact in Upstate. She or he will participate actively in planning and strategy sessions and contribute to WREN’s other priority activities across the state.
WREN seeks an experienced, entrepreneurial and motivated person with a commitment to empowering women and girls in South Carolina. Qualified candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- A solid track record in building and maintaining high-trust, collaborative, and productive partnerships with diverse individuals and groups, including nonprofits, community-based organizations, and companies. Experience in Upstate region of South Carolina strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in fundraising, volunteer management, or member management, with a track record of building engagement and support over time.
- Proven ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, toward a common strategy and vision. Ability to manage complex schedules and meet deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
- Superior communication skills, including writing and speaking persuasively for diverse audiences.
- Diplomacy, flexibility, creativity, and sense of humor essential.
Salary range $50,000 – $55,000, depending on experience, with competitive benefits package.
How to Apply
WREN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages individuals from all backgrounds to apply for this position. WREN does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or ability.
Please email cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 22, 2018.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.